SAVE THE DATE!
The fifth annual #GivingTuesday will take place on Tuesday, November 29, 2016!
Consider giving to Volunteer Lawyers of Justice (VLJ) later this month, to support the work of our staff and dedicated pro bono attorneys - working together to improve the lives of economically-disadvantaged adults, children, and families in New Jersey by empowering them with tools, advice and pro bono representation - EVERY DAY!
It is only through the assistance of VLJ’s committed volunteers and generous supporters that our staff is able to make this goal a reality for so many low-income families in New Jersey with critical unmet legal needs.
OVER THE LAST YEAR, PHILANTHROPIC SUPPORT HELPED VLJ:
- Provide $2.2 million worth of free legal services to underserved and vulnerable client populations
- Serve over 3,500 disadvantaged children and families with legal matters
- Secure a victory in the first ever vacatur case for a victim of human trafficking in New Jersey
- Increase our legal education seminar program; VLJ sponsored 44 free legal seminars which helped educate 1,139 people
- Sponsor 23 continuing legal education courses, serving 313 potential volunteers
- And more!
Volunteer Lawyers for Justice is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations to VLJ are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.